Thursday, September 3, 2009

IDD Beowulf Poem


Hooray, my first day of IDD experience ever! I choose the Beowulf poem to design a layout for because the words had potential to be fierce and jump off the page. My goal was to make something stand out since my only knowledge of graphic design, as of yet, is to create something visually appealing. My thumbnail, although larger than the size of a thumb, actually portrays my final product. I used "In Design" to create this (Image to the right). I wanted to have the paragraphs side by side but still seem to flow in sequential order towards the bottom of the page. I chose to increase the font size of words that correlate with one another. I wanted to emphasize the authors use of God in order to illustrate the theme of the poem. Both the title at the top of the page and the author at the bottom are in Lucida Handwriting. I wanted it to seem as though the author was signing the poem. The rest of the poem is printed in Lucida Calligraphy. The explanation of the poem is printed more simply in Lucida Bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment